PURPOSE

Recently I have been afraid. Perhaps this fear was inspired by this book I have been reading that I found (at the East Village bookstore located right next to my summer dorm called St. Marks Bookstore I am obsessed) called One Day (see link below) that I can't stop reading. Or maybe it's the fact that I have too much damn time to think. Any way, I am turning 20 soon and I feel stuck. I do not know exactly what I want to do with my life and that scares me.


Before you jump to conclusions and think that I am a freak, you need to know that I am person that while greatly enjoying spontaneity also likes plans. Future plans. I am not sure if the career that I have wanted to pursue is the right choice and that scares me. I hope that I have chosen the right major. I hope that I am making the right decisions now. I guess one could argue that I am afraid of the unknown. I just want to know where my life is headed and while I do have some time to figure it out, I need to plan because there is so much traveling and adventure that I need to still find.


On another note, I am not really into the whole "venting about my whole personal life on my secret blog thing." I am one for face-to-face conversations, heart-to-hearts, as my dear roommate likes to call them. I don't share much about my life on my blog, nor do I post pictures of myself. The original purpose of this blog was to provide myself with an outlet to share my voice, my thoughts, opinions, and findings. I know that my blog is not like others where there are new posts of my outfit everyday. I love fashion, but I find greater passion in personal style and individuality. I greatly enjoy the fashion blogs listed on the right side of the screen, but I enjoy them as a viewer and don't feel the need to post those aspects of my life myself.

So, as I smile at this 25th blog post, I am still going to focus on the random postings that make my blog something I personally treasure. Honestly, I am not quite sure who reads this blog, or if anyone really reads it on a consistent basis at all. But for me, this blog keeps me going and constantly searching for inspiration. So I am writing for me. That should be good enough.





New York Times review: http://www.nytimes.com/2010/06/20/books/review/Schillinger-t.html

Take care,
Elizabeth

Comments