JONATHAN, MY LOVE


The first time I discovered the wonderful designer Jonathan Adler was during my stay at the enchanting hotel the Parker in Palm Springs, California. Never before have I been so intrigued by interior design and I remember this trip as the sudden emergence of my interest in home decor. Four years later, I am still drawn to the simplicity of white with splashes of color. Seems as though Adler has me forever hooked.
At the Parker:
The crisp white linens were accessorized with what Adler refers to as "Happy Chic" decorative pieces.

I loved the "Happy" pillow on the bed so much that my father was kind enough to take me to the hotel's gift shop to snag one of my own. Here it is in my room:


Besides his needpoint pillows, I love Adler's wall papers.

"Brocade"

"Junior Sun"

"Syrie"
These funky wall papers would be a neat accent with his simple, modern furniture.
Out of all things I love about Jonathan Adler, is his take on design. Adler believes that we must surround ourselves with bold colors, things that make us happy. His design mantra is my life mantra.



Surround yourself with happiness and love this New Year.
Best in 2011,
Elizabeth

Images from http://www.jonathanadler.com/ and http://www.theparkerpalmsprings.com/index.php.

Comments